One of the hardest part of following a keto diet is not being able to eat rice. I loveeeeee sushi so I made cauliflower sushi :D. This is my second time making it and, I am definitely getting the hang of it. Last time, I used salmon and avocado, and it tasted excellent. It tasted like real sushi and the texture of cauliflower rice is perfect! I wanted to use avocado and tuna together but the avocado I bought was not ripe yet so I used egg instead. This meal is so versatile, you can use tuna, cucumber, crab meat etc.
Tips 1: Make sure the cauliflower and tuna are dry, so that the nori wont be too soggy and fall apart.
Tips 2: Make cauliflower rice using a food processor will save you a lot of time. Pulse them a few time and in small amount.
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 whole cauliflower
- Three sheets of Sushi nori
- 1 can of chunk light tuna in oil
- 2 large eggs
- Food processor
- Bamboo mat
- Preparing Cauliflower rice –
- Step 1 : Make cauliflower rice. Pulse a few times to create a texture similar to rice.
- Step 2 : Microwave the cauliflower rice. Add the rice vinegar and mix well.
- Step 2 : Let the rice cold down.
- Preparing sushi ingredient –
- Step 1 : Squeeze most of the oil out from the tuna can and set aside.
- Step 2 : Beat the eggs and pan fried them. Cut them into long slices.
- Put everything together –
- Step 1 : Lay down the nori on the bamboo mat.
- Step 2 : Spread the cauliflower rice evenly on the nori and leave one inch empty at the end.
- Step 3 : Place the tuna and egg at the bottom.
- Step 4 : Grab the bottom of the bamboo mat and roll it into a tube. Add some pressure to make sure it is firm.
- Step 5 : Cut them into smaller pieces and enjoy!